Friday 1 June 2018

Long time no post

Well, it is fair to say that I am pants at keeping up and publishing regular posts, so I am going to try at least for now doing a post once a month. I think that is not too higher goal for me.
Working full time as a support worker and Family life takes it's toll on you sometimes and when you do get to have some "YOU" time, there are always other jobs on that job list that seems to be about 5 foot long! And not forgetting I love to create, it is what helps to keep my sanity.

So with all that said this week, I actually made some "Art" time and made a couple of pieces.

My youngest Daughter also does the same job as me and it's half term and this is always an extra bust time at work and the other night, I said to her, let's just chill and unwind and make some art. To which we did and we upcycled a couple of Poundland paint brushes into fridge magnets.


The top one is mine and the other is my Daughters, didn't she do a good job?
Well, I think she did and yes I am probably a little bit biased :) 

The next project I did was to upcycle a lampshade which has been sat looking sorry for itself for quite a while, sadly I did not remember to take a photo of what it looked like before I added a touch of my artistic flair to it... Old age has started to creep in already!! Lol 
 I used Powertex as my base, my trusty glue gun for some texture and an Alice in Wonderland  stencil from Powertex UK 
You can't see it but the wording on my lampshade took from the stencil say's," we're all mad here" which in my families case, is not far wrong, so I found it quite fitting, to be honest!! 
I have also used some metal embellishments, paint and powertex pigment colour and to finish it all off, have added some trim around the top and bottom.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my ramblings and maybe, just maybe I may even have inspired you to try and make something creative.
Until next month
Enjoy life and love hard
Jinny 

2 comments:

Dragon Time

Good morning one and all. Having all this time to create is brilliant and even better I am remembering to blog about my antics as well. ...