Sunday 7 October 2018

Halloween time

I do love Halloween and the option to create some spooky stuff.
On a recent trip into Dumfries, I popped into Poundland and found a small polystyrene pumpkin and decided I wanted one to transform.

Here is my process on how it ended up.


I chose some material I quite liked from my stash and wanted to use some Translucent Powertex. This product is fab for not just doing what it say's on the bottle but it is a good strong glue too! 

 First I cut out the stalk, then I cut strips of material and with the Powertex covered my pumpkin


I then cut out some lace flowers and added around the Pumpkin and glued back in the stalk, it was at this point I decided I was not quite sure about the material I had added and decided to add some tissue napkins instead, over the material.
This is the beauty of Powertex, you don't like what you have done, paint over it a different colour or if you have an older piece, change it to something else.

I got out my bronze Powertex  and made the stalk part by wrapping around the original stalk and making it bigger.
When it was dry, I used some faux pearl beads and bling to add around the base of the stalk, so for now my Pumpkin is done


I may do some more Halloween inspired crafts but then again, it may be Christmas crafts, you will have to keep watching and see what I am inspired to do next.
Until next time...

Live
Laugh
Love

~Jinny~

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie I love your creativeness. You're my creatice hero xxx
    ~Rene'e xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Rene, you are my number one fan xx And I know Halloween is your fave season x

      Delete

Dragon Time

Good morning one and all. Having all this time to create is brilliant and even better I am remembering to blog about my antics as well. ...